Conquest of Elysium 3 for Android Tablets
Conquest of Elysium 3 is an old school turn based fantasy strategy game. You start by choosing one of 17 different characters, e.g. Necromancer, Demonologist, Dwarf Queen, Troll King or maybe a High Priestess of Ba'al. The different character classes vary wildly in what special abilities they have and what parts of the world they should focus on conquering. E.g. the Demonologist needs sacrifices that you gain from towns and villages, but the Druid want special herbs that are found in forests. But of course gold is always good to have, so all classes can make use of a gold or silver mine, but only the Enchanter can make a Gold Golem out of it.
The Witch can use fungus to summon a Catoblepas whose gaze can annihilate an entire row of enemies per turn. The Demonologist can summon powerful demon lords, but only if he is reckless because the likelihood of a demon lord attacking his summoner is quite high. Careful Demonologists make use of the lesser summoning that are also powerful when compared to mortal men. The Warlock can summon an immortal Phoenix. The Phoenix explodes when it dies and then swiftly reforms in the home citadel of its owner. In short the main thing about this game is the amount of features and special abilities that can be used.
The game can be described as a strategy roguelike, it plays fast and you can die quickly if you are unlucky. Worlds are randomly generated, so no two games are the same. It is also an unfair game, random events can wreak havoc upon the world and game changing monsters or locations can be encountered.
* 18 different historically, mythologically, or fictionally-inspired classes that are unique, both in resources they need and the rituals or special abilities they have
* Tailor games to your liking by controlling the map size, opponent’s classes, AI levels, and alliances
* Magic items that range in powers, for instance summoning units to battle or rendering a unit invisible
* Interesting gameplay dynamics, such as permanent battle afflictions; stealthy, invisible, or shape-changing units you should have scouted for; summoning gone wrong or having poor results; portals opening to other worlds; merchants arriving from faraway lands; mercenaries on discount; libraries to study at; heroes joining your cause; cosmic activity; seasonal changes that can affect army movement; etc.
* Six societies that set the historical backdrop for your game and affect the layout and current state of the landscape, thus altering what interesting sorts of terrain you might encounter
* Copious amounts of monsters and random events, good and bad
* Spell system with 42 magic paths
* Weapon system that divides attacks into pierce, slash, or blunt damage (magic attacks have other types too) so that certain weapons are more or less effective against certain opponents (pierce weapons don’t work well against skeletons, for example)
* Hotseat gameplay (multiple players on the same tablet)
* Made for tablets. An Android tablet with at least a 7 inch screen is recommended
The game is now available on Google's Play Store
that can also be found on your tablet.
Quick Start Instructions
Go to the instructions page
to learn the basics needed to play a game. For full instructions read the manual the can be found below.
The full manual for the game can be downloaded here. The manual is meant for the PC version of the game, but most things are exactly the same for PC and Android so it is still highly relevant.
Game Manual (3.16)
Visit the Conquest of Elysium 3 for PC
page to see reviews, read the forums or if you want to play the game on a PC.
Back to Illwinter Game Design